Friday 27 November 2009

Why people travel PART III

Traveling does not have to take place in space, in the strict sense of the word. You can say that traveling can also be a mental process, such that a person watches TV or reads a book and, while the body remains in the same place, the person makes a kind of a journey in his or her mind. Do you personally feel like traveling right now, reading this text ?



Another reason to travel his people’s ambition to see things that others cannot see or reach, where no one else has been before. This is becoming more and more tempting to a lot of people. I would like to go to the lost city of Atlantis. How about you ?



Flights into space have fascinated people for a long time, but only in the sixties of the twentieth century people were able to set their foot on the moon. Since then, flying into space has evolved to the level of tourism for some very wealthy people, who want to experience something new, something, so to say, otherworldly.



Never ending TV interviews with such a lucky person give him a lot of publicity in the media. The person becomes popular, admired and respected, which only increases his vanity. However, in the future, even flights into space will be widely available; the fares will fall and space travel will not be something unattainable.



Then people will look for other places to visit, perhaps places that we do not even dream about? Have you ever heard o about The Space Elevator ? What do you find it ? Maybe we will be able to realize the human dream of traveling in time? When and why would you go if it was possible ?



Currently, travel is becoming increasingly popular. Travel agents are offering better packages, at more affordable prices. In addition, the network of rail and air connections is growing, and knowing how to speak English is like a pass that eliminates language barriers. Thanks to this, travel is becoming easier and cheaper. It is easier and cheaper to organize a trip no matter whether it is domestic or foreign, and therefore the number of passengers is increasing and will continue to increase.



People need to detach from their everyday life, wish to experience a different life for a moment. To try other foods, to live in another climate or to communicate in other languages.



In addition, foreign trips are still associated with affluence and a higher social status. Because of that a lot of people go to the "fashionable" tourist areas of the world, in order to boost their ego, to post pictures of distant places on social networking sites or to show them to friends.



But even if this behavior is perceived negatively, it is important to realize that it is all because of human vanity. Traveling itself is a very positive thing, because it not only contributes to broadening of our knowledge of the world that surrounds us, but it also helps us to understand ourselves.



Have you recently been on a trip ? Do you know any breathtaking places?

10 comments:

  1. Well, it sometimes happens that I feel like being travelling not even moving. I just really have to focus a lot and think of places where I really enjoy spending time (for instance during holidays). I recall some particular views and situations and it helps me imagine that I'm really there at the moment. Maybe it seems odd and weird but sometimes I can't really wait going to some places so I try to imagine that I'm already there.

    Undoubtedly, the idea of travelling in time is really awesome but actually not possible :/ Just imagine how you could observe the history in the making. All places and people you read about in history books during secondary school.

    I wish everyone to visit as many places as only possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think of it as of travelling, but yes, I often go somewhere else in my mind. Especially when reading a book or watching a movie, and before sleep.

    Travelling in time is not interesting for me. I like think that it's good that time passes, everything has its moment. Sure it would be nice to see ancient Greece for example, but it's also nice to try to imagine it ;)

    About last trip I was on- it was my honeymoon in Norway. I hope I'll go there again soon because I couldn't go to Bergen :( and I heard that it's a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the introduction. Television, books, photography opens the door to the the world of the traveling without going out from the home. This is surprising what mine of the knowledge sources like these can be. This is a way in with many people makes dreams come true.

    However I think that tourism in front of the TV is for lazy ones. There are a lot of beautiful places to seeing... so move on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the most beautiful places on the Earth is Victoria Falls. The waterfall is located on the African river Zambezi. This is the amazing place where everyone can experience the power of the nature. Seeing these waterfalls is unforgettable adventure.

    Why?

    In the begining I woluld like to quote the words of the Scottish explorer David Livingstone who discovered these waterfalls in 1855. He wrote of the falls, "No one can imagine the beauty of the view from anything witnessed in England. It had never been seen before by European eyes; but scenes so lovely must have been gazed upon by angels in their flight."

    Victoria Falls is considered to be one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. It is on the terrain of the Victoria Falls National Park and it is classified by UNESCO World Heritage Site.The waterfall has really impressive sizes: width of 1700 metres and height of 108 meters, forming the largest sheet of falling water in the world. In the flood season flow rate reaches over 1000 cubic meters of water per second.

    Victoria Falls constitute amazing spectacle both in the day and in the night. During the day falling water creates a cloud of spray that can be seen up to 32 kilometers away. The sun crosses almost across the length of the falls producing rainbows. Rainbows are visible also in the night because of moon light reflected by water surface.

    Victoria Falls is one more place worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Other the most beautiful place on the Earth is Grand Canyon. It's 446km long, ranges in width from 6 to 29 km. Grand Canyon National Park is one of the world's premier natural attractions. The canyon is really breathtaking view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last year i was in Cairo and Shar'al'Shaik and i must say that i didn't like Pyramids but i was impressed when i entered National Museum in Cairo. It is very interesting place with giant collection of antiques and relics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I think that the pyramids are not beautiful... They are in ruins... Incredible man-made structure, beautiful? I think not. I think the many slave's labor forced to build it and die... In my opinion the most beautiful places are crated by nature not by humans :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was younger I didn't fully appreciate the wilderness. Now I do :) One of the most fabulous places I have visited are Plitvicka Jezera (Jeziora Plitkickie) in Croatia. When I was there for the first time I was 7. To be honest with you, I couldn’t believe we are still in Europe ;) The mix of the turquoise-colored lakes, waterfalls coming out from beneath the trees’ roots, high mountains and the Mediterranean flora are really breathtaking.
    Strongly recommended!

    http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/Croatia/Coast/Licko-Senjska/Plitvicka_Jezera/
    http://wiki.worldflicks.org/plitvi%C4%8Dka_jezera.html#coords=(44.8804, 15.616)&z=13

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ops, I guess I answered your questions in a previous post ;)
    Unfortunately, recently I didn't have any interesting trips. The ones I make are usually at summer and winter holidays. School and work make it impossible to go somewhere spontaneously and this is very sad. I agree with previous comments that Plitvicka Jezera and Great Canyons are a must-see. You can feel there, as you are on a different planet.
    Concerning the ruis, I really do not like to visit them - especially Greek ones. I found sightseeing in Greece as one of the most boring trips I've ever had :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same here - I've already answered the question in my previous post.

    And according to the introduction - I definitely do not feel like traveling while I read blog posts (or any other content on the Internet if that matters). However, someone once asked my why I like fantasy or science-fiction books - my imagination's desire to see places like lands of Atlantis before it's fall (Robert E. Howard) or the one from last James Cameron's movie (Avatar) is probably one of the answers here.

    ReplyDelete