Sunday 17 January 2010

Horror Movies 3

Today I will tell few word about things and events that were inspired by "zombie films"

1) Zombie walk

A zombie walk is an organized public gathering of people who dress up in zombie costumes. Usually taking place in an urban centre, the participants make their way around the city streets and through shopping malls in a somewhat orderly fashion and often limping their way towards a local cemetery or other public space (a series of taverns in the case of a zombie pub crawl).

Few photos from USA zombie walk:





And short film from Warsow edition of Zombie walk:



Links:

http://zombie-walk.prv.pl/  <- if you would like to try Warsaw Zombie walk go here.
http://www.zombiewalk.com/  <- offical zombie walk page
http://www.joemonster.org/filmy/4475/Zombie-Walk-w-Warszawie  <- films from few nice Zombie Walks.


2) Games: Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2

L4d and L4d2 are one of best games i played. If you like games you should try them i will link few reviews for interested. For none-gamers i link there 2 trailers ;]








Links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_4_Dead_2  <- info about Lfd2
http://www.l4d.com/   <- official game page
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1045664p1.html  < - lef4dead 2 review

3) Community

This section is about one page: LOSTZOMBIES.COM

Please check this movie:





Acording to www.LostZombies.com:
"Lost Zombies is a social network whose goal is to create the world’s first community generated zombie documentary. Members of Lost Zombies, have their own profile page, can submit photos and videos, as well as take part in chat discussions, and submit content to be used in the documentary."

Here is link to videos and photos generated by people all over the world. Some of them are really amazing work - http://www.lostzombies.com/video

QUESTIONS
- What do you think about Zombie walk ? Would you like to try it ?
- Did you know that such event takes place in our country/capitol/city ?
- What do you think about games inspired by zombie culture ?
- Did you ever play any "zombie game" ?
- What do you think about pages like www.lostzombies.com ? are they good idea?  or this is just nerdy way of spend spare time ?
- Did you ever try to make some amateur film?

Cheers
Mariusz

7 comments:

  1. I have never tried a zombie walk. To be honest I didn’t even see or know that such phenomenon even exists. I would like maybe not take part in such thing, but see such event from some distance because it looks quite encouraging. If it someday happens near my apartment I will for sure stare on those people from a window. For sure it is more interesting and moral than disgusting gay’s parades etc. Coming back to subject of your presentation I have played both parts of “Left 4 dead” and I must say that it is one of the best games with zombies. Zombie fans must be in seven heaven and persons not connected with them have an opportunity to play a bit with those monsters that they have seen only in cinema. Everyone can spend time like he or she likes, I for example like to play a good game. For sure I will not call anyone a nerd just because of visiting the web page mansion before. What is more everyone is a nerd in some area. When I was still young together with my friends we recorded a great movie that gave us a lot of joy and laugh. But it wasn’t movie about zombies, but about the lord SakeShin. Because of the need to filter uncensored content I can’t post a link to the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I think it's stupid. 80% of the people were just dressed up or not even that. Only 20% or so were doing zombie like things, like drooling, attacking stuff, walking in a weird way. I wouldn't like to try it.
    2. Nope.
    3. Yet another topic for a game :P
    4. Maybe some shooter in the past.
    5. Definately a nerdy way of spending spare time. Go have a zombie walk instead !!!
    6. No and never going to try that. I actually prefer people doing things that they specialize in mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I'd never enjoy any Zombie walk I have nothing against it. Everyone finds something to enjoy depending on one's interests. If there's a need to organise such events - that's all right. Apart from Zobie walks there are many other similar events so why to find particularly this one weird ?
    These computer games seem to be quite a joy however they are violent and probably have no great sense apart from just killing creatures. The only game I played, but still not sure wheter it was of zombie-type, was a 'Manhunt'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew that zombie walks were organized in Poland and I was considering going on it just to watch, but I didn't go. I think it's funny however I think I won't take part in it.
    I have never played any zombie game (or one, if Carmageddon2 can be classified as zombie game ;) ), but I must say that the trailers you presented are nice and interesting. This game is an online game, isn't it? I probably would play it if I had someone to play with.

    This Lost Zombie site is, in my opinion, not only boring but also silly. I'm sure there are freaks who really belive that they are threatened by zombies.

    Anwsering the last question- is animation for my thesis an amateur film? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though it's pretty funny to perform a zombie walk, and I would probably lie if I told you I never performed one - being drunk counts as well? ;)

    I didn't know that such events are organised, however I'm not shocked about it. People do different things to keep themsleves occupied, I don't find a good way to spend my time.

    About the whole zombie industry... I'm not againts it, but I don't appreciate it for sure. I don't remember playing any zombie games, neither have I visited any zombie sites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me entire 'zombie' theme is massively overexploited, I just don't get what's so special about it. Regarding zombie walks I think these people are really bored :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zombie walk? Nice and funny idea if everybody are "dressed" like zombie. Would I like to try it? Of course Yes:)
    For me games inspired by zombie culture are anthers shooters.. and 1 of 10 are pretty good like L4D.

    Did you ever play any "zombie game" ? - Yop but not very long, only for know what it is :)

    www.lostzombies.com for me its funny, this is another way to spent free time.

    Did you ever try to make some amateur film? - NO

    ReplyDelete